Lenovo has announced that it will be launching a new laptop, Lenovo ThinkPad X130e, this December 20, mainly targeting student users. This laptop is equipped with the latest technology and the company claims that the machine is 33 percent stronger than other Lenovo notebooks. Its surface is covered with a rubber bumper to protect it against damage due to accidental falls.
Following are the features and specifications of the Lenovo ThinkPad X130e:
• Design: Lenovo ThinkPad X130e comes with an 11.6 inch display and the LED panel is protected by a 1.2 mm bezel.
• Connectivity Ports: Lenovo ThinkPad X130e is loaded with different types of connectivity ports. Apart from the usual Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connection found in every laptop these days, it is also loaded with HDMI, VGA, Ethernet, and USB ports. It also comes with a 4-in-1 card reader, audio port, and microphone ports.
• Storage: The new ThinkPad has big storage capacity and sufficient memory. It comes with 2GB RAM, which can be extended up to 8GB and a hard drive of 320GB or 500 GB. It also has 128 GB SSD.
• Battery Life: Lenovo 6-cell battery can last for 8.5 hours.
• Webcam: You can do video chat using the VGA webcam and since it features low light sensitivity, you can chat even under dim light.
• Operating System and Processor: Lenovo ThinkPad X130e is equipped with the latest operating system from Microsoft – Windows 7. You get the option to choose from three powerful processors — Intel Core i3-2367M ULV, AMD Fusion E-300, and AMD Fusion E-450.
• Extra Features: RapidBoot technology (System boots in less than 20 seconds), Accidental Damage Protection (Keeps track of student expenditure on repair), and Lenovo’s Hard Drive Retention (students can keep the old HDD, if found faulty)
• Price and Availability: The price for the new Lenovo ThinkPad X130e will start at $469 and will hit the market on the coming December 20.