Technical support for Lenovo, Call Toll Free @ 1-877-381-6866
Get your Lenovo PC fixed via remote session with highly qualified tech at your premises. Call Today!
External monitor in Lenovo® ThinkPad T410
Learn how to connect an external screen to Lenovo ThinkPad T410 and fix various technical issues
Lenovo ThinkPad T410 has a stunning 14.1-inch WXGA+ screen with a resolution of 1440×900 pixels. If you want to use another display with your laptop, you can easily connect an external monitor to Lenovo ThinkPad T410 by using the VGA port. What’s more, you can choose to view the display on both the laptop and the external screen, extend the display, or view it only on one of them. All you need to do to change the settings is to press a specific key combination. Standard external monitors and even High Definition (HD) displays are supported by Lenovo ThinkPad T410.
Here are some tips to connect an external monitor to your Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop:
- How to connect an external monitor to Lenovo ThinkPad T410
- Adjust the resolution for best results
- Select the correct type of cables
How to connect an external monitor to Lenovo ThinkPad T410
The following are the steps to connect an external monitor to the Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop:
- First of all, you need to shut down your laptop.
- Connect the cable from the external monitor to the VGA port on the back of your laptop.
- Now turn on the external monitor first and then start your laptop.
- When the laptop boots, press the keys ‘Fn’ and ‘F7’ simultaneously to switch the display from the computer to the external monitor.
- On again pressing the ‘Fn’ and ‘F7’ keys, the display will be enabled on both Lenovo ThinkPad T410 and the external screen.
- Keep using this key combination to toggle between the different display modes.
Adjust the resolution for best results
If you get a black screen on connecting the Lenovo ThinkPad T410 laptop to an external monitor, it could be due to a resolution problem. To review the resolution of the second display, just follow the steps given here. Click the ‘Start’ button, followed by ‘Control Panel’, and then click ‘Adjust screen resolution’ under the ‘Appearance and Personalization’ option. Move the resolution slider according to your requirements and click ‘Apply’.
Select the correct type of cables
If the external display is not working on making the connection, check the cables for any problems. Depending upon the ports, the cables need to be changed. For instance, it is not recommended to use a standard VGA cable to transmit high definition data. Lenovo ThinkPad T410 can be connected to an HDMI output through the display port on the laptop. You are also advised to use the correct adapter for converting standard images and videos to the HDMI format.